NATIONAL AVOCADO DAY RECIPE
We're bringing you another amazing recipe for National Avocado Day, July 31st. Who doesn't love a perfectly crisped fry wedge? We sure do, but what we love even more is a creamy, complimentary dip for those fries. This recipe delivers all that and more with a flavorful southwest twist.
This recipe is Whole30 and 100% Paleo.
ABOUT ASHLEA ADAMS
Ashlea Adams is the recipe developer and content creator behind the successful food blog, All the Healthy Things (ATHT). In 2016, while working full time as a lawyer in regulatory affairs, she decided to start All the Healthy Things as a creative side hustle to share her passion for cooking healthy nourishing meals. Ashlea believes that healthy food should never be tasteless or complicated, and that having fun in the kitchen is a must. She'll inspire you with her joyful perspective and give you practical ways to incorporate more real food in your everyday life. Ashlea lives in Cary, NC with her husband (she's a blissful newlywed) and her tennis ball obsessed goldendoodle, Riley.
ASHLEA ADAMS' SOUTHWEST STYLE SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH GUACAMOLE
Every day can be "fry-day" with this tangy recipe made with gorgeous sweet potatoes and ripe avocado. Enjoy these wedges as an appetizer or pair it with your favorite lettuce wrap burger, sandwich, or entree.
*use organic ingredients whenever possible
FOR THE SWEET POTATO WEDGES
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- cilantro for garnish
FOR THE GUACAMOLE
- 3 Hass avocados, mashed
- juice of two limes
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a non-stick baking sheet with one tablespoon of oil. Toss the sweet potatoes in the remaining oil and then place them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the wedges are golden brown and slightly crisp on both sides, flipping halfway through. When they’re done cooking remove the wedges from the pan and sprinkle with paprika, chili powder, and salt. Garnish with cilantro.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, combine all of the guacamole ingredients until well combined. Serve with the sweet potato wedges and enjoy!
We want to know: did you enjoy this seasoning? Was the guacamole a hit? Tell us in the comments! Make sure to check back for more National Avocado Day recipes from your favorite recipe developers and Whole30 bloggers.
A huge thank you to Ashlea Carver from All The Healthy Things for sharing this incredible National Avocado Day recipe. Find additional recipes like this one, cooking resources, and more healthy things at www.allthehealthythings.com and on Instagram @allthehealthythings.
Are you ready to tackle the Whole30 challenge for yourself?
Model Meals is the no subscription required, Whole30 Approved and 100% Paleo meal prep service that makes clean eating easy. Our menu changes weekly, arriving fresh and ready-to-eat, twice a week. We use organic and locally sourced ingredients prepared by professional chefs, packaged and delivered right to your door in sustainable, eco-friendly packaging, sending you text alerts all along the way.
Ready to get started? Use code FIRSTORDER at checkout and save $25 when you shop with us for the first time. We can't wait to serve you!
Not in our delivery area? No problem! Follow along with us as we share delicious recipes, blog posts, and other exclusive online content by joining our Model Meals family.