ALL RECIPES ARE: WHOLE30* AND PALEO-FRIENDLY; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES. EVER.
Chicken is a staple meal in most houses. But we often find ourselves using the same two or three recipes over and over again. This week, we’re bringing you one of our newest chicken dish - BBQ chicken strips + broccoli mash.
Trust us, this meal will knock your socks off! It’s delicious and comforting all at the same time. And we can’t say enough about the broccoli mash side. Again, we’re turning a staple side dish into something just a bit more interesting. Follow the recipe below and leave your thoughts in the comments.
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
- 2 pasturebird pasture-raised chicken breasts
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp herbs
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 large potato
- 1 ½ tbsp ghee
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pites dates
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. While oven is preheating, combine almond meal, herbs, onion powder, garlic powder, and fennel seed to create the chicken “breading”. Coat chicken breasts in olive oil then toss in “breading” mixture. Once oven is preheated, add to oven for 45 mins or until chicken is fully cooked.
2. For the mash, chop potato and broccoli into small 2 inch pieces. Add ghee to a pan or skillet and cook potato and broccoli until tender. Add all contents from the pan into a food processor until fully combined. Use scoop to add your broccoli mash to the plates.
3. For the BBQ sauce, combine all ingredients in a processor until smooth. Add on top of cooked chicken and place the remaining BBQ sauce in a airtight container to use again.
We hope you enjoy our BBQ chicken strips + broccoli mash as much as we do! It’s one of our fav new meals and a great way to spruce up your chicken dishes. Let us know what you think in the comments below 💛