ALL RECIPES ARE: WHOLE30* AND PALEO-FRIENDLY; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES. EVER.
There’s nothing more refreshing in the summer than a salad, especially when it has seasonal vegetables on top. Add some organic chicken and freshly made citrus vinaigrette and you’ve got yourself a masterpiece!
In this post, we’ll show you how to make our new chicken and summer squash salad with our homemade citrus vinaigrette.
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
For the salad:
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups summer squash, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the citrus vinaigrette dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Set your oven to 400*. On a greased baking sheet, lay your chicken breasts evenly. Lightly drizzle the chicken with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through - it should appear completely opaque when cut through. If you have a meat thermometer, make sure it has reached an internal temperature of 165*.
2. Once the chicken has cooled, chop into cubes.
3. On a second greased baking sheet, evenly place your cubed summer squash. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven. Cook for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the squash can be easily pierced with a fork.
4. Mix your arugula and spinach in a large bowl and add cilantro. Top with chicken and summer squash.
5. Using a food processor or blender, add all citrus vinaigrette dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Drizzle over your salad and enjoy!