ALL RECIPES ARE: WHOLE30* AND PALEO-FRIENDLY; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES. EVER.
Who doesn’t love a good meatball?! We’ve created just about every version you can think of the protein-packed bites, but these Chicken Meatballs are definitely one of our favorites.
When you add our yummy meatballs to homemade pesto sauce and zucchini noodles, you’ve got yourself a DELICIOUS Whole30 meal, ready in no time. So follow along and let us know what you think of our chicken basil meatballs + pesto zucchini noodles.
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
- 1 pound all natural pastured ground chicken
- 2 tbsp nut and seed butter
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- ½ cup basil
- ¾ cup diced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup basil, blanched
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- pinch of salt
- 4 zucchinis spiralized
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. While oven is preheating, combine all chicken meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until everything is combined but not over-mixed because that will make the meat tough.
2. Roll the chicken mixture into balls (we use roughly a heaping tablespoon of pork per ball) and arrange the meatballs on a lined baking sheet.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked through.
4. While cooking the meatballs, spiralize your zucchinis and heat them in a pan.
5. Next, make your pesto sauce by combining all pesto ingredients in a blender.
6. When meatballs are fully cooked, add equal amounts of zucchini to plates and add 5 meatballs per dish. Lastly, drizzle desired amount of pesto over you dish and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy our chicken basil meatballs + pesto zucchini noodles as much as we do! It’s one of our go-to meals and a great way to spruce up a regular chicken dish. Let us know what you think in the comments below 💛