ALL RECIPES ARE: WHOLE30* AND PALEO-FRIENDLY; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES. EVER.
It doesn’t matter what protein is in them… tacos are an absolute favorite in the Model Meals kitchen. Which is why we’ve created four different kinds of tacos with our famous celery root tortillas.
In this post, we’ll show you how to make our newest taco dish: chicken tacos on celery root tortilla with lime crema. This is the perfect dish for those days when you want to treat yourself. It’s also a great dish to make for a large group of people!
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
- 2 lb chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups fennel, sliced thin
- 1 celery root, thinly sliced to make "tortillas"
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1. Set your oven to 400*. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay your celery root slices one by one, without overlapping. Put them in the oven and check them every 5 minutes - remove them once they start to show a hint of color. You just want them cooked through but still soft, not crispy chips! Set tortillas aside.
2. Coat chicken thighs with coriander, oregano, and garlic powder. On a second greased baking sheet, lay your chicken breasts evenly. Lightly drizzle the chicken with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through - it should appear completely opaque when cut through. If you have a meat thermometer, make sure it has reached an internal temperature of 165*.
Once the chicken has cooled, pull apart with two forks.
3. Slice fennel into thin pieces about 2 inches long and add to a mixing bowl. Stir in vinegar and cilantro.
4. In a separate bowl, mix coconut milk and fresh lime juice with an immersion blender until evenly mixed. Keep chilled until ready to use.
5. Top tacos with fennel mix, chicken, lime crema and garnish with extra cilantro.
Most importantly, enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these amazing new tacos as much as we do. Make sure to add your comments below!