Are you ready for National Avocado Day? July 31st is just around the corner and our friend Cristina Curp has shared one of her favorite avocado dishes with us.
When you think avocados, does guacamole come to mind? Me too! It's a crowd pleaser and can be used in so many different ways. What better way to celebrate National Avocado Day than by making Cristina's famous Fiesta Guacamole?
Makes 3 Cups
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 small radishes, sliced
- 3 large strawberries, diced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 1 stalk green onion, sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, 8 sprigs, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Halve your avocados and remove the seeds, use a spoon to scoop the meat out into a large bowl.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and use a whisk or mortar to mix and mash until you have a chunky guacamole.
If it’s not all going to be consumed right away, store in an airtight container. Drizzle olive oil on it, and add a sheet of plastic wrap so that it sticks directly to the guacamole, then put the lid on. Store in the fridge until ready to enjoy, no more than 4 days.
This fiesta in a bowl comes from Cristina’s upcoming cookbook, Made Whole. To pre-order this incredible resource, click here.