THIS RECIPE IS WHOLE30, PALEO-FRIENDLY, AND GLUTEN FREE; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES.
MATCHA-CRUSTED CHICKEN THIGHS + CITRUS GARLIC AIOLI WITH SOUND AND JADE LEAF MATCHA
What's better than one Whole30 Approved brand? Three Whole30 Approved brands! We've teamed up with Jade Leaf Matcha and SOUND Tea-Infused Sparkling Water on this unique recipe that beats food boredom while ensuring you're Whole30 compliant from start to finish. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are marinated, crusted in a mixture of flavorful nut flours and matcha, and oven-baked to golden perfection. We served these chicken thighs with Model Meals Root Fries, Herbed Root Mash, and Sautéed Green Beans all dipped in a zesty Citrus Garlic Aioli. Paired with a can of SOUND sparkling tea, this meal has depth of flavor, crispy edges, and puts a Whole30 twist on a feel-good comfort meal. We hope you enjoy!
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
For the Chicken Thighs
- 1 can SOUND Tangerine & Lemongrass with Green Tea
- 2 Lbs boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp or approximately 2 individual Jade Leaf Matcha packets, to sift in
- 1 egg
- Zest of one small tangerine or mandarin orange
- 1/4 cup nut milk
For the Citrus Garlic Aioli
- 2 cloves garlic- chopped
- Juice of 1-2 tangerines or mandarins (approx. 2 Tbsps fresh juice)
- 1/2-1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Prepare Your Chicken
- Marinate chicken thighs in one can of SOUND Tangerine & Lemongrass with Green Tea for 20 min
- Preheat oven to 425
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and insert baking rack on top. This will help keep the chicken crispy as it cooks.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (flours and spices) and sift in matcha as the last step.
- Beat together egg, nut milk, and zest.
- Drain and remove chicken from SOUND marinade and pat dry.
- Dip in egg wash, then dredge in coating until lightly covered
- Put on cooking rack and bake for 20-25 minutes or until an internal temp of 165 is reached.
- OPTION: Broil for 2-4 minutes for extra crispness!
To Make Your Aioli
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and blend until combined.
- Refrigerate immediately to thicken.
Serve your chicken thighs with citrus garlic aioli and your favorite Whole30 sides, or over a bed of greens for a next-level salad. These store in the fridge for up to one week.
We had so much fun partnering with our Whole30 Approved partners at SOUND and Jade Leaf Matcha. If you loved this recipe you'll love these recipes below from all three of us. Make sure to tag us on Instagram @modelmeals when you make this recipe so we can celebrate your kitchen success!
We hope you love these recipes as much as we do and be sure to drop us a comment or tag us on social media with your Model Meals recipe creations. Stay tuned for more amazing Model Meals recipes by subscribing to get notified first when new recipes are available💛