Are you ready for National Avocado Day? July 31st is just around the corner and our friend Michelle Smith has shared one of her favorite avocado dishes with us. So step aside, tuna salad! We have a new friend in town: salmon salad. And she’s amazing.
There's nothing we love more than Avocados, which is why we created National Avocado Day! And some of our favorite people, like Michelle, have shared their best avocado inspired dishes with us. So prepare yourself for avocado overload (if there is even such a thing).
Serves 2 to 4
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
- 2 (6-ounce) cans salmon packed in water, drained
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup 1-Minute Mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion (about 1⁄4 medium)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 medium Hass avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, and cut into 1⁄4-inch segments
- Your favorite greens, for serving (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, cucumber, mayonnaise, onion, dill, mustard, salt, and lemon pepper and toss. Gently fold in the avocado and grapefruit.
2. Serve on its own or over a bed of your favorite greens.
This yummy salad is Paleo/Whole30 approved, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free!
Love this recipe? Want to see more? Click here to buy Michelle’s book, The Whole Smiths Good Food Cookbook. It’s the only Whole30 approved cookbook on the market, and trust us — you want one on your shelf for days when your Model Meals run out!!