THIS RECIPE IS PALEO-FRIENDLY AND GLUTEN-FREE; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES.
NO-BAKE MINI CHEESECAKES: PALEO/GF & VEGAN OPTION
It's the height of summer and we are avoiding turning on the oven at all costs, so we created a smooth and creamy recipe that requires minimal ingredients and can be easily made, no oven needed! We used SMPL Functional Superfood bites to create the "crust" on these mini-cheesecakes, packing them skin and gut-loving nutrients. Made without the stuff that makes us feel sluggish or tired, treat yourself to these bites as a snack or an indulgent dessert.
Makes 8 Mini Cheesecakes
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
Kitchen Utensils Needed: Food Processor, Cupcake pan, Strips of parchment paper to lay under crust. *This will make for easy removal of bites after they are set.
- 1 bag of each, SMPL Functional Superfoods Coconut Detox Bites, SMPL Functional Superfoods Cacao Beauty Bites
1 ½ Cups Raw Cashews, soaked for 1 hour in hot water and then drained
- ⅔ Cup Full Fat Canned Coconut Milk (preferably the “cream” from the top for creamier texture).
- ⅓ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- ¼ to ½ cup maple syrup
- Juice and Zest of one small lemon
- Dash of salt
Fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries
Prep Your Crust
1. Cut long strips of parchment paper and criss-cross them, two at a time to make an "x", in each well of your cupcake pan. You will use these to pull up on to remove your bites after they are chilled. It makes for less mess and easier removal.
2. Gently roll SMPL Functional Superfood bites in your hand to warm and press bites into cupcake tin until the bottom of each is covered. This will create your crust. Don’t worry if some pieces crumble or start sticking to your fingers. Just wash your hands and continue pressing into bottom of individual cupcake holes.
3. Place cupcake pan in freezer.
Make Your Filling
1. Drain soaked cashews, put them in the food processor and pulse.
2. Add coconut milk, coconut oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
3. Pulse and then mix continuously- slowly adding maple syrup.
4. Taste and add salt if needed. You can add more maple syrup or coconut milk until a velvety texture is reached.
5. Remove cupcake pan from freezer and then pour in filling evenly.
6. Top with berries and then freeze for approximately one hour or until filling is set.
7. Remove and enjoy!
Bites keep up to 10 days in the freezer. You can also let bites warm on the countertop for a few minutes before consuming.
We loved creating this recipe, but we loved enjoying the fruits of our labor even more! These are the perfect treat when you have a sweet tooth or are craving something indulgent but still healthy. These bites are refined sugar-free, dairy-free, Paleo, and the cheesecakes made with the Detox Bites are also vegan. If you loved this recipe you might also love the recipes below!
We hope you love these recipes as much as we do and be sure to drop us a comment or tag us on social media with your Model Meals recipe creations. Stay tuned for more amazing Model Meals recipes by subscribing to get notified first when new recipes are available💛