ALL RECIPES ARE: WHOLE30* AND PALEO-FRIENDLY; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES. EVER.
PALEO/VEGAN CACAO SWEET POTATO BITES
Comforting treats are some of our favorites, especially when they're this easy and made with whole food ingredients that we feel good about eating. If you haven't noticed, we recently welcomed NUTSÓLA Superfood Mixes to our family of add-ons and we had to share one way we enjoy this power-packed, grain-free granola alternative. Built around high fiber and antioxidant-rich sweet potatoes, all you need to create these cacao bites are a few simple ingredients, a food processor, and an oven. Satisfy your chocolate craving with this whole-food-based recipe and thanks to our friends at NUTSÓLA for sharing it with us. Let's get baking!
Makes Approximately 12-16 Bites
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
1 cup organic sweet potato flesh(wash, puncture with fork, and bake sweet potato at 425 degrees for 45-50 minutes until cooked through )
- 2/3 cup pitted dates, softened in warm water
- 3 tbsp organic almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Cacao Almond NUTSÓLA Superfood Mix for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add all ingredients except NUTSÓLA into a food processor. Pulse to combine and then process until a batter is formed
- Drop by tablespoonful into mini muffin pan
- Sprinkle each individual bite with NUTSÓLA Cacao Almond Superfood Mix
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool and Enjoy!
This recipe is a great way to enjoy a healthy, sweet treat without the added sugar and is created using whole foods, which we know you'll love. Be sure to drop us a comment or tag us on social media with your Model Meals recipe creations. Stay tuned for more amazing Model Meals recipes by subscribing to get notified first when new recipes are available💛