Are you ready for National Avocado Day? July 31st is just around the corner and our friend Teri Turner has shared one of her favorite avocado dishes with us.
Are you a fan of poke bowls? Who isn't right!? Well, our girl Teri has shared her famous Tuna Treasures using avocados as the base. We're drooling already. So get ready for a dream poke bowl and if you're wanting to have some leftovers... double the recipe like Teri suggests!
Serves 2 to 3
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
- 1lb fresh tuna cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoon macadamia nuts finely chopped (some in the recipe and some for garnish) crushed red pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients together. It’s recommended you refrigerate for 2 hours, but if you only have 1 hour to work with it still tastes great.
2. At the last minute before serving, cut the avocado in half, remove pit and cut 2 or 3 lines vertically. Then do the same horizontally, cutting thru the avocado, but not the skin.
3. Squeeze a little lemon on top of the avocado to keep them from browning.
4. Fill with the tuna mixture.
5. Top with sesame seeds, crushed red pepper, and crushed macadamia nuts.
Excuse me while I wipe away the drool! This dish is sure to make your National Avocado Day even better. Let us know what you think in the comments below 💛