ALL RECIPES ARE: WHOLE30* AND PALEO-FRIENDLY; WE USE NO GRAINS, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR, OR ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN ANY OF OUR MEALS OR RECIPES. EVER.
WHOLE30 SWEET POTATO TOAST WITH GEORGIA GRINDERS NUT BUTTER AND RASPBERRY JAM
Toast with peanut butter and jam is one of the most famous and delicious breakfast dishes of all time, but if you’re on the Whole30 program, this meal is a no-go. So we’ve created a Whole30 approved version just for you that features easy homemade jam and highlights one of our favorite Whole30 Approved partners, Georgia Grinders.
Georgia Grinders strives to create extraordinary nut butters from simple, all-natural ingredients. Sourcing the highest quality, natural and Non-GMO ingredients, Georgia Grinders Premium Nut Butters are handcrafted in small batches to ensure quality, freshness, and flavor. Their short ingredient list and unmatched flavor are just a couple of reasons why their nut butters are the perfect pairing for this amazing meal.
*use organic ingredients whenever possible*
Sweet Potato Toast:
- 2 large sweet potatoes sliced (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- 1.5 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Set your oven to 400*. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay your sweet potato slices one by one, without overlapping. Drizzle with olive oil, lightly salt (optional), and cook for 30-40 mins, checking with a fork to see if they are fully cooked.
TIP: *You can also flip halfway between cook times (around 20 minutes) to get an even bake.
2. While your sweet potatoes are baking, turn your stovetop to medium heat and add 1/2 cup of water to a small pot on the stove.
3. Bring the water to a simmer and add pitted dates. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the dates are soft and broken up easily. Add in raspberries and cook another 10 minutes until the liquid reduces and the consistency is jammy. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and let cool before storing.
4. Remove your sweet potatoes from the oven when a fork slides easily into the flesh of the cooked potato. Let cool.
5. Once your "toast" has cooled, top with nut butter of choice and jam, then sprinkle with garnish. We liked unsweetened shredded coconut and freshly ground almond meal. You can also top with andy leftover fresh berries for added antioxidants!
We love making large batches and freezing some of our sweet potatoes to defrost for later. Another serving suggestion is adding a few slices of bacon, some scrambled eggs, and sauteed greens and you've got a perfectly balanced, scrumptious breakfast that the whole family will love! If you are looking for more amazing Whole30 and Paleo recipes, try these:
We hope you love these recipes as much as we do and be sure to drop us a comment or tag us on social media with your Model Meals recipe creations. Stay tuned for more amazing Model Meals recipes by subscribing to get notified first when new recipes are available💛